Follow up to Last Post Re: Fisher cat

Follow up to the last post:

I first met Chloe on a chilly morning at a McDonalds in Hartford, CT 2008 .  Her new mom is my best friend. She called me and told me she got a puppy.  I knew instantly I had to meet her.  From my recollection she was about 2-3 pounds.  She was so tiny, friendly and adorable.  She made me think about getting a dog.  As time past, I spent more time with Chloe.  Her energy and personality drew me to look into getting a puppy just like her.  I ended up getting a Morkie just like Chloe from the same breeder.  Come to find out the puppy I picked out was actually related to Chloe.   I'm not sure how that works, if it was a cousin, 2nd cousin or same dad different mom.....Oh well... fast forward.

Here we go, just going to "visit" the same place where sweet Chloe was adopted.  It was located in Dayville, CT   When we arrived, the establishment had 3 puppies in a large pen ready for viewing. 2 were females and 1 was a male.  I was determined to get female as I was concerned about males and the "marking" thing and peeing everywhere.  At this time in my life,  not knowing too much about dogs, I walked up to the pen and said .... "OKAY, which one of you 3 want to come home with me?  Out of the 3 pups, the smallest one, confidently walked up to me and greeted me.  He licked my hand.  I picked him up and we cuddled for a while.  He was so comfortable and nuzzled in my jacket.  I thought to myself, oh boy, this is the most precious moment, what do I do next?  We had a planned vacation in 4 weeks and I can't responsibly get a puppy and then go on vacation?  I had 2 choices.  Either I cancel the vacation OR I call my best friend Sue and ask a HUGE favor.

I called my best friend and told her about the new addition to my family.  She was delighted!  After that I explained about the vacation and she convinced me how much fun Chloe and her NEW cousin would have while we were away.  I considered cancelling again however something inside of me said, I am okay with this.  I don't want to go on how the transition went when I handed over my baby and I cried like a baby  "first born puppy" over to my best friend while I went to have fun on a vacation.  I knew he would be okay,

Sue and I touched based several times a day and I also got videos and pictures daily on the  fun and bonding the dogs had in my absence.

I don't regret that trip because it established a life long bond between Chloe and Marcus.

Chloe is the sole reason I now have 5,  yes i said 5 dogs.  You see Marcus was bored with us human folk and wanted a sister or brother to play with.  End of story sweet Chloe is happily responsible for saving 4 rescue more dogs.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High Blood Pressure Hypertension

Fisher Cats Be Aware Of The Danger To Small Dogs And Cats

Anticipation vs. the Real Thing

Monarch Butterfly Personal Sanctuary

Celiac Disease

Emergency Room Visits